Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Restraining Order

23"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. 24Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. 1st Corinthians 10: 23-24

I have yet to see the controversial footage, but I hear its bad and I want to get out my review ahead of time. Though I know not the content, I am sure that it is a perversion of the Gospels truth and I want you to boycott the viewing of the new video blog release on Andy's Blog A Mile From The Beach.

Many years ago, or so the story goes, there was a secret society called The Lakeside Youth Group and they were in charge of keeping a well kept secret hidden from the world - a secret so damaging to World History that just knowing it would give you nightmares for weeks. For some horrid reason, this secret was made into a slide show and then filmed. But the film remained hidden for many years, locked in a dusty vault, safe and secure behind a forbidding code that only the wisest and bravest person could ever crack. A couple of months ago, that code was broken and this video resurfaced to the light of day.

Though I pleaded with Andy, he has seen fit to remaster this video as a digital stream to post on his brand new video blog. Though the College of Cardinals asked Andy nicely not to place this video blog on his website, he will soon do so. Though the Pope himself has pointed to the knowledge that can be viewed on this video and said that it is yet another sign of the apocalypse, Andy has shown a rather devil may care attitude with the second coming and thrown caution to the wind. First, Paris Hilton as Mother Theresa and now this!

I urge you to stay away. As the apostle Paul wrote centuries ago, surely forseeing this very day and this very situation, "not everything is beneficial." If you value your soul, do not watch his video blog.

Oh. And did I mention that it's really long to download?

Though I warned you dear reader, if you still feel compelled, Andy will be posting a video of our 1986 Work Camp Slide Show featuring Andy and myself - when we thought we were cool (before we knew better). I beseech thee one last time, SAVE YOURSELF! Go knit or something! Do not go to A Mile From The Beach and access Andy's Video Blog. Do not download the video and watch it. Do not post comments on Andy's blog telling him how much you liked it. Because YOU WILL SEE MORE! DO NOT ENCOURAGE HIM! HE IS ARMED AND DANGEROUS WITH THE PAST!

You are warned.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Oh yeah. Definitely don't come by and watch the video. I implore you, please don't watch. It's going to be horrible.

The video capture quality is terrible, since it's a VHS to digital transfer. Some of the photos, especially of ski trips, are difficult to see as the whiteness of snow washes out any possible way to recognize anyone.

As to footage from Mendocino, the quality is mildly better. Yes, we all thought we were once cool...but that was 20 years ago. We know better now.

So please, this is a desperate plea, in support of my brother in Christ Will, for you to NOT come by my blog and witness photos of us in high school. It is truly a dreadful sight that I would not wish upon anyone.