Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Exercise Sucks!

5 out of 5 scientists say so.

But the benefits of exercise are numerous. You can smoke more cause your lungs have more capacity. Its harder for you to fall down drunk. Beating people up is easier. And, of course, everyone wants to bonk your brains out constantly. Or at least that's what I read in some magazine once.

The fact of the matter is that exercise sucks but lack of exercise sucks more. I know. I've been a poster boy for both causes. I ran pretty much every day from 1977 until 1987. Then I quit. I'd quite had enough of running by then. And now, I kind of wish I'd only partially retired - like maybe the occasional fun run or happy-go-lucky jog.

Anyway, at the beginning of the year I had author's legs and my cardiovascular system reminded me of the inside of a 1950's TV set I once opened with wires everywhere and fading cathode ray tubes. So, I decided to slowly and steady get back into shape. And it sucked. For a long time. No, actually it still sucks. I've cut down my eating. I've started exercising on a daily basis. And I've even cut out my 50 cents a day coke habit.

The end result is that I've lost 30 pounds and can now walk for several hours without wanting to commit hari-kari. Big whoop. Still waiting for that constant bonking.

To that extent, I've decided to begin a bit more formal training - with actual goals and what not. And so, I've started a new blog wherein I'll start posting the juicy and boring details of my incredible work-out regimen on a casual basis. You can click on the Help Will Train link to the right of this blog, or simply visit www.helpwilltrain.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep at it, dude. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Cheers.