Friday, April 18, 2008

Despair or... Ignorance?

There are so many things going wrong with the world right now, that I don't want to talk about them. And so, I'm not.

I could rant about any number of things, go on long tirades about this, that, or the other. But the end result of all that ranting and tirading would be that I would be more depressed and feel more hopeless than when I started. Why? What's the point? The only one capable of fixing the messes we're in is God. So why not just turn everything over to Him in prayer and... take the rest of the weekend off.

For us, fixing the problems of the world seems insurmountable. For God, its a laugher. He could snap his fingers and cause an earthquake in Illinois. How hard would it be for Him to solve world hunger? So, us worrying about things that we can't possibly fix is a waste of time and a real downer.

God wants us to spend our days loving one another, not fixing one another's problems. If we did more loving and less Dr. Phil-ing, this world would be a much better place.

So, what am I going to do this weekend? I'm going to enjoy God's world and let God do the driving. If He needs me, He knows where to reach me.

No comments: