Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Every missed deadline is an education...

When I left for vacation, I knew I would be killing myself to get my latest web update up by today, but there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't exactly reinventing the wheel. I know the wheel exists. I see it and use it everyday. But for me, what I am doing with the latest web update is something I've never done before, and so I'm not sweating being a little behind.

Every time I miss a self-imposed deadline like this, it typically means that I'm probably neck deep in learning new techniques - whether it be special blue screen effects on my editing program that take forever to render or, in this case, a big crash course on Flash Buttons from Scratch. So when I blow a deadline, I kind of kick myself, but I also remember how much I've just learned and how useful that knowledge will be to me the next time I use that particular skill.

So, not that any of you were holding your breath, or even remembered that there was a deadline, to make a long story shorter; the TAC website update will be launched tonight (maybe) unless I run into other new skills that I need to learn.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll figure out how to post some photos here from my recent trip as well.

Hasta la pasta...

No comments: