Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My idea of H E Double Hockey Sticks.

I've decided to go to the movies every Tuesday night this summer, shell out my $10 and see whatever film strikes my fancy. Well, last night, I was forced to watch a movie called Silent Hill. This movie, based on a popular video game of some years back, is basically about this ghost town, Silent Hill, that has become trapped in Hell and a mother who goes there to rescue her daughter from the clutches of the Vile One. The scariest thing about this movie was the fact that I paid $10 to see it, but that's another story (actually, early on, there was a really great creepy scene that just abruptly ended and that they never went back to at any point in the film... very disappointing, and I'm not even a horror fan).

That's neither here nor there, however. At the end of the film, without giving away anything, our hero and daughter emerge into a world surrounded by this dense fog (hint: There's a sequel to Silent Hill video game... which suggests that maybe not everything is kosher with the rescue of the daughter). After the movie, I went home, forgot about the whole thing, and went to bed.

When I woke up this morning, I looked out the window and discovered that my house, my neighborhood, and in fact, my entire town was surrounded by this dense fog. I screamed! For my worst fear had finally come to pass... I was now trapped in a lame ass movie for the rest of my life!

Anyone else feel that sometimes they've brought a little bit of their entertainment experience home with them?

4 comments:

Andy said...

I think it was the evening after we all went to see King Kong - I blogged about seeing the film, and then I read comments and posts on OTHER blogs that somehow tied in Kong to sin and Christian faith.

That, and the 3 bananas I ate at work the next day... ;-)

AJ said...

I can't believe you paid $10 to see that film. You could have bought TWO BOOKS on Half.com with that cash. ;)

In response to your question, I tend to always bring my entertainment experiences home with me, since I read-uh, that is-enter most of them from the comfort of my favorite disc chair...

Trailady said...

I am SO picky when it comes to watching flicks at the theatre. I usually wait for them to come out on DVD- much cheaper. I would be really bummed to spend $10 on a movie I hated. Like you, I've never been a horror fan- prefer adventure/romance with comedic elements. Not into violence, perversion or the supernatural- gives me the creeps. I remember being terrified for months after seeing Gremlins as a young girl. I would back WAY up, run & jump into bed for fear the gremlins underneath would grab my ankles. LOL

Andy said...

Ariel - Half.com - wow - been awhile since I purchased (or sold) anything on Half - certainly not since eBay bought 'em a few years back.

Actually, I'm stunned that you, Will, spent $10 on Silent Hill. What...no Poseidon for you???

The last film I saw in the theater was "The Wild". And before that, "Curious George". Can't you tell I have kids? Fortunately, I didn't feel like jumping up and down like a chimp...but I'm now just realizing my comments are animal related...