Wednesday, July 29, 2009

An Addition to the last post...

As I walked off for lunch I realized that what I was saying might have left the wrong impression. I am pleased to be going to Kenya and that God is sending me there, but that isn't to say that you have to go to Kenya to share in God's blessings or in His righteous honor. I have felt just as honored to help build playgrounds or pack food for the poor or even to sing Christmas Carols for shut-ins. I once dug a path. That sounds like ho-hum, so what. But this path was to help a young woman that had been paralyzed in a car accident get into her house in a wheelchair. It is not what we are called to do that brings honor, it is the fact that God has given us this opportunity. Whether you help feed the poor in Kenya or give half a sandwich to a homeless person on the street near your work, either way you bring honor to the God who created you and have therefore earned the respect of all.

That's all I wanted to add.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Cheers.