Monday, June 18, 2007

A Rebuttal

"Dude, it's Andy. Listen, I've got tickets to tonight's Giants game. Can you go?"

"Let me check my busy schedule. Yes, I can go."

"Great, can you come by Glide Memorial Church to pick up the tickets?"

"Yeah, man, no problem... I'm practically already there."

"See you soon, man."

Click.

"Woo Hoo! That's the fifth set of tickets this month!"

"That's awesome, Will. Where'd you find that guy to impersonate Jesus?"

"What guy? What are you talking about?"

"Andy keeps giving up his tickets because Jesus tells him that He has more important plans for Andy."

"Wait... you mean that guy... long scraggly hair, camel hair robe, powerful eyes... that's Jesus?"

"You've seen him too?"

"Yeah, he used to ride with me to work as well."

"What happened?"

"I thought he was a ticket scalper! I've seen Jesus, my Lord, He was here in plain view, and I kicked Him to the curb!"

"What are you going to do now?!"

"There's only one thing I can do... Hello? Andy? Yeah, listen, do those tickets come with free parking... No, wait, that wasn't I was calling about. Um... I can't go. I have a powerful urge to join you tonight at Glide. (mumble grumble mumble) Yes, I know Barry might break the record tonight, but some things are more important. Okay. See you soon. Bye."

"That was very good, Will. I'm proud of you."

"Yeah, whatever... say? Who are you anyway?"

"I'm Jesus."

For some of us, the message takes longer to sink in.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Bravo! Bravo!

Funny how God convicts us, eh?

Will Robison said...

You know... people might get the wrong idea about me. My last post is entitled Will Almighty and this post is about Jesus and I having a conversation about baseball tickets. Hmmm... ;)

No, but seriously, if you haven't read A Mile From The Beach yet, you probably won't understand this post. Go check out Andy's blog, as you should everyday while you wait for your coffee to cool.