Thursday, December 15, 2005

Under New Management...

Apparently, I've been bought out. In an agressive move, Andy from Mile From The Beach blog, bought up 2700 shares in ICON and is now the majority stock holder with 54% (which really makes one wonder who owns the other 46%). This is all part of a fantasy blog share game that you can access through Andy's blog at Mile From The Beach.

As Andy is now in charge, I will, of course, be changing my demands. No more will I be speaking about myself in whatever manner I choose. But now, since Corporate America has taken over my site, I will, of course, skew my dialog to whatever demographic pays the most money to visit my site and my advertisers. And since this data is collected scientifically and because Andy wants me to maximize my earning potential, I will no longer be advertising Gay Ford Trucks on my blog. That's right. Only manly trucks will be advertised here.

Of course, this is all dependent on whether our contract negotiations go through. As an employee now, my union wants a few words with Management. I need paid breaks, a good pension, and about a thirty million K signing bonus (whatever K is supposed to be ;) No bling, no blog. Its that simple.

*Sigh* I remember the day, not too long ago, when blogging was simple - before the corporations took over and became mega-bloggomerates. Back then the message was all about truth and God. But there's no room for that in the Corporate world.

So tomorrow's topic will be The Latest Things Paris Hilton Is Doing To Her Hair.

3 comments:

Andy said...

Check that Will. I actually own 80% of ICON now through Blogshares - I own all outstanding shares available for public trading.

The remaining 20% is left to the Blog Owner.

Unlike George Steinbrenner, I fully expect to run ICON with a hands off approach. I will not dictate what should be written, nor will I tell Will who to hire, manage, trade, etc. We will NOT sacrifice quality for profits.

ICON will continue to be the positive, uplifting, God-loving, blog that it has always been.

Will, please make an appointment with my assistant to schedule our contract negotiations. Understand that while we will NOT be sacrificing quality, we do need to control costs to help maximize shareholder value.

Thank you.

Will Robison said...

That's it... you're either TAC's future CFO, or our Corporate Spokesman. Either way, you've got a future with TAC.

Unknown said...

Let's just(coke) hope (Nike) we (McDonalds) don't (DISNEYWORLD) see any product placement on this blog...