Friday, December 09, 2005

As the song says...

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

I just got off the phone with my Ford Dealer. Now, to preface this, I don't really blame Ford. They're just playing the game. The dealers have always been nice and I've gotten nothing but exemplary service. That being said...

I bought this Ford Explorer in 2002. As part of the expense I took the warranty. The warranty was 3 years, 30,000 miles (Full Coverage) and 6 years, 60,000 miles (Extended Warrany). Because of the release date of the truck, its 3 years ran out about a month after I got the truck, and surprise, there was nothing wrong with it. About four months later, the hatch on the back of my truck broke (just a tiny piece of plastic sheered off). I took it in. $600 in repairs... and, because it was the exterior of the vehicle, it wasn't covered by the extended warranty. Since then, every six months or so, there has been some minor repair that has been needed. And surprise, its never once been covered by warranty.

I took my truck in yesterday with a problem with the pressure valves - an inside the engine kind of thing, right? There's only 57,000 miles on the truck. Well, as I said, I just got off the phone with my Ford Dealer. Not only has the extended service warranty expired - by one month - but this pressure valve thing wasn't covered by my warranty anyway. Another $300 down the drain.

I've probably already spent more for this car, in three years, than I did for my previous two cars over the course of 8 years. *sigh* And now with gas being what it is, its probably impossible for me to resell and not lose money. Oh well... at least I get a rental car for the next day...

Talk about being born under a bad sign...

1 comment:

Andy said...

I feel your pain.

Next car...go Japanese.