Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Step Brothers (2008) 3.5 Wigs


This is the first of three short movie reviews.

I saw Step Brothers on Sunday when I really needed to decompress from filming and a good solid laugh sounded like a good idea. Well, that's what I got.

The film is no great shakes. Its plot is threadbare and, well, you know what any Will Ferrell movie can be like. That being said, I've never not laughed at one of his movies. It might not be Oscar caliber, but it was still pretty darn funny.

The first third of the movie was mostly what you see in the preview. The second third took a slightly more serious turn (which means there was a plot), and the last third of the film resolved the conflicts and, actually, was quite hilarious. In fact, if I could have just walked in on the last twenty minutes or so, I would have really enjoyed the movie - but it was funnier with the set-up. The ending during the closing credits is one of the funniest parts of the movie.

3.5 Wigs, go check it out if you need a laugh.

No comments: