Friday, February 29, 2008

Geek Wars Episode 4 - A New Poll

Hello All;

Time for a little geek love for the greatest geek films of all time. I've basically come up with a March Madness style format for determining the greatest geek film of all time (at least until we redo the list next year ;) I've included four brackets of 16 films which I've garnered from a list of Top 100 films in each of the categories. So some of my favorites didn't make the list either, and some left me scratching my head. The four brackets for this year are Old School Sci Fi (basically up to the computer revolution), Current Sci Fi (from computer's on), Fantasy, and Geek Action films. The last category was actually the hardest to generate and I tried to create a list of action films that were more or less definitive and unique in their areas. I decided to leave off the Horror and Disaster Movie categories this year, but we'll have to revisit that next year.

For the next couple of months, I'm going to be updating the poll daily, so be sure to drop by and vote for your favorite films or, at least, vote out your least favorites and I'll be updating the bracket after every vote.

Today's vote pits #1 seeded Star Wars - Episode Four - A New Hope, or as I like to call it - Star Wars, against #16 seeded Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan. A tough choice right out of the gate.

Please vote... the fate of the geek film empire is in your hands!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee...Star Wars vs. STWOK? Too darn easy..

Death of Obi Wan over Death of Spock anyday.

Anonymous said...

Star Wars if only that it was the trailblazer in these sorts of things.

Cheers.

Will Robison said...

And the winner is... Star Wars, by a landslide... but then, what do you expect from a #1 seed in the first round?

Anonymous said...

Apropos, check out this link. I'm sure you'll be appalled.

Cheers.