Friday, February 08, 2008

Taking matters into my own hands...

I know, I know, I know... people are busy, blah blah blah! But you can't start a post by mentioning the Case of the Overamorous Angus Bull or the fact that you are visiting 1850's California and then leave me hanging! I've got issues!

So, I've decided to take matters into my own hands and write the posts that should have been written - sort of as a ghost writer, except without any real knowledge of the events I'll be writing about. What's new?

From Andy's Blog - A Mile From The Beach:

Last week, my daughter and I attended an overnight field trip at Sutter's Mill near Sacramento where we dressed up in costume and pretended we were from an 1850's wagon train. Margaret looked cute in her gingham get up. And I looked quite manly in my Yul Brenner inspired outfit complete with Steve McQueen blue jeans. I looked like I'd just stepped out of the cast of Cool Hand Luke. Though there were many references to Kung Fu during the time, I kept my cool. The best part was when we recreated the laying of track for the railroad. They divided all the adults and kids into groups and had them either carrying the rails or the ties and hammering the ties into place with sledgehammers, while I got to set the dynamite by being lowered over a cliff in a basket. Okay, that last part was made up.


From Randall's Blog - Musings From The Hinterland:

It was a dark and stormy night when suddenly an overamorous Angus bull appeared on the edge of a green dystopian field that reminded me of something C.S. Lewis might have nightmares about while watching Mizzou upset KU in the Final Four for a chance at basketball glory, especially after having tried the German inspired nachos with the kraut, pickled herrings, and limburger cheese that the EMBLOS likes to make.


Now before you get upset, I'd just like to say on my behalf that your lack of blogging forces my hand. So get back to work on things that REALLY matter, you lazy bums, and don't leave me hanging next time.

P.S. No need to be embarassed, nobody reads this blog anyway! ;)

2 comments:

Andy said...

Whose blog is this? Who are you? ;-)

Maybe this weekend.

The "real" story? Or the continuation? Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

Will, trust me on this. When the case is concluded (it got continued) I will tell all. I just don't want to tempt fate by laughing about it before the verdict comes in.

Cheers.