Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Kinda quiet around here...

For a change, I've been busy doing things I want to do.

After I finished the novel, I promised to myself to take some time off until March before deciding what I wanted to do next. Well, I almost made it to March before I decided, but I definitely made it to March before I started work.

I'm not going to give out all the details of what I've got cooking up in my mad scientist's lab but I will say that it has something to do with my long slumbering website (not upgraded since 2002 - Q'ELLE HORROR!) If you'd like to sit and wait a REALLY long time, I have a teaser up at the website now that you can view. Or if you want more specific details, you can wait until April 1st and visit the site then.

Either way, I'm going to be busy busy busy between now and October. But then again, I choose to be busy, so that's cool.

P.S. On the novel front, I'm waiting for a well-known and much respected literary critic to quit whining about his kitchen remodel and to get back to me about how incredibly awesome my novel is. After that, or 3/31/08 (whichever comes first) I will be seeking the much more professional advice of a real literary agent - one who intends to get me some dough.

In the meantime, keep voting. Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires and Pick The Geekiest Film Of All Time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that literary critic is such a freakin' chump. All this guy seems to care about is construction and girl scout cookies.

I really can't believe the nerve of this guy. How can he leave you hanging like that?

Clancy watch out.

Anonymous said...

If you need another opinion, I'd be happy to oblige.

Cheers.

Will Robison said...

Andy - After reading this literary critics latest blogpost, all is forgiven. He's obviously been about doing the work of the Lord.

Randall - I'm going to "change" one scene and then I'll send you the revised final version (somehow). Maybe I should send you a NDA and a few other legal forms as well. You'll know how to fill them out. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool. I'm beside myself with the thought of reading 120000 pages of legal stuff to get to the 800 page novel. Be prepared for the red-line express as I scream, "YOU MISSED A DAMN SEMICOLON!!!!!!!!"

Cheers.

Will Robison said...

Randall - Fortunately for you, the 800 page version is out (it was closer to 1200, anyway) and the 375 page version is in. That's like a half hour's reading for a lawyer, right? ;)