Thursday, February 09, 2006

Oh the places you'll go...

I am going on hiatus for a while. As I enter my last month of work on my novel, I've decided to save my brain the extra work of having to blog about life, liberty, and the pursuit of God knows what on a semi-daily basis. So, until this novel is done, I shall only be reading other people's blogs and commenting.

Also, secretly, I'll be completely drained from watching all 24.5 hours of Olympic Coverage on NBC (Thank God I don't get cable!) And then there's the last two home games of the season for the USF Dons, Tee Ball Practice, my first hikes of the season, getting my youth group started, and other assorted and sundry things to take care of in addition to my novel.

So, consider me gone, and while I'm gone, think of all the places you'll go while I'll be chained to my computer desk imagining the words, deeds, and worlds of my novel. If you're thinking of starting your own novel, remember this... Don't!

You'll thank me someday.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh no Will,

I have enjoyed your blog so much. I hope you will be back soon. I will miss you.

Will Robison said...

Sue - I'm not dying. I'm starving for time. For instance, I need to edit 120 pages before Saturday. Its not hard work, just time consuming. And then, my reward for editing those pages? I get to start the rewrite for the second half of the book - which I plan to finish March 7th. So, I'll be around. I daresay I'll need some intellectual, emotional, and spiritual inspiration during the next month. But I'm afraid that if I were to continue blogging, my mind might just snap - and instead of the usual me, you'd probably get a me that sounded vaguely Republican. And that would be really scary!