Friday, February 10, 2006

Black Friday

Just a quick thought, then I swear I'm going into temporary retirement...

I've been saying all along that Bush's deeds would catch up with him someday. Now, its not quite to the point of impeachment yet, but this has surely been a bad day for the Bush Administration.

It started this morning when word came out that Libby (Cheney's former Chief Aide) said that he was told to leak the information about Valerie Plame by his superiors.

Then, Former FEMA Chief, blasted the White House by saying that they were aware of the levy breaks and other parts of the disaster long before Bush said he had been told.

Then, Abramoff, the indicted lobbyist who is at the center of a serious influence peddling probe in Congress and beyond, revealed that he'd met with President Bush at least 8 times, had been invited to Bush's ranch, and had his picture taken with the President many times. Bush doesn't ever recall meeting Abramoff.

And finally, just now, the senior Intelligence analyst with the CIA confirmed that the Bush Administration hand picked the intelligence it needed to justify going to war with Iraq ignoring all the evidence and the recommendations of the intel analysts that a war with Iraq was not only a dangerous proposition, but also completely unnecessary.

If you are still a Bush supporter, I'd honestly like to hear why. Cause I don't get it. This man is a crook, a fraud, and most of all, a liar. And those are his good qualities.

History will show these last 6 years as the darkest in US History - darker even than the Watergate years.

But I'm off my soapbox now. And I swear I'm going into temporary retirement.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, when they asked Bush if he'd ever "met" Abramoff, they forgot to define "meet" for his lawyers.

Secondly, as I have learned with this administration, when the left hand is creating a show, you'd better be watching the right hand. So, if they're scapegoating Bush, I'm scared.

Sue said...

HI Will,

When I saw that you came back one more time (twice), I laughed out loud. Gosh, you make me laugh all the time. I am glad I checked in.

Then I realized I almost missed one of your political tirades that attracted me to your writing in the first place. Lucky that something just made me check...must be ESP or do you think God wants me to keep reading?

I don't know.

But, I agree with you completely.