Thursday, April 02, 2009

Perfection

Today is the day I give up my long struggle to be perfect.

As in most things in my life, I have been proceeding under the false assumption that by playing fair, following my coaches advice, and working hard, I would achieve perfection. I have struggled day in and day out to do the right thing while others around me struggled to get ahead by any means necessary. We have all been seeking the same glory. And we have all failed.

But now my thinking has undergone a radical conversion based upon a simple mathematical formula. Glory can not be achieved by seeking perfection, but only in perfection itself. We can never be perfect, therefore we can never reach perfection. The only way to reach glory is to have it given to us by someone who has achieved it. He will give it freely to all who ask PROVIDED that they admit their mistakes and ask forgiveness for them. Since only those with mistakes can ask for forgiveness, anyone seeking perfection is not seeking glory.

Therefore, I have decided to abandon my long struggle to be perfect and will instead use my time seeking something else. Whatever that something else is, I'm bound to suck at it... gloriously.

No comments: