Thursday, April 09, 2009

Musings From The Left Coast

Don't have anything profound to say, especially after having read the wonderful post from Musings From The Hinterland that can be found here. Compared to such a poetically thought out logic piece, I gladly accept my place in the intellectual pantheon as a boot-licker. ;) No, but seriously, Randall's summation of the Garden at Gethsemane was thrilling in its implications and a wonderful picture of the true nature of Holy Week.

Beyond that, Andy at Mile From The Beach is no longer allowed to attend Giants games - not because he lost last night's game to Milwaukee, but because he allowed the opposing PITCHER to hit a three run homer off Hall-of-Famer, Randy Johnson. On a two strike, two out pitch nonetheless. Clearly, at the very least, he should remove his Giants hat and burn it as a sacrifice to appease the Baseball God and maybe he should find some baseball virgin and take them to a game and toss them to the Garlic Fries. Something must be done to remove this stain on his baseball soul.

Speaking of truly strange religions and mystical implications, LOST is getting wonderfully good as it hurtles towards its season Five ending. I love the fact that it can both show you something completely new and yet leave you completely befuddled about what it all means. Which gets me to an idea for a category that my Dad and I came up with yesterday...

What is the WORST possible way for LOST to end? I mean aside from the obvious It Was All A Dream... what would be the nightmare ending for a show that has captivated its viewers from the very beginning with its mysteries upon mysteries? What would be the one thing at the heart of the puzzle that would make you toss your TV out the window so that you could enjoy watching it smash into tiny pieces on the ground below?

I'll take your answers in the comments below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug.

BTW, I once saw Bob Gibson hit two taters in one game. He was not afraid to hang in there, even to the point of getting hit by a brush back.

What an hombre.

Cheers.

Andy said...

Actually, I should be disallowed from attending any "openers", or debuts by new players.

I believe I've lost 'em all.

I was at Lincecum's debut.

Lost.

I was at the 2nd home game ever at AT&T/Pacific Bell Park.

Lost.

Perhaps I should take the next flight to the South Pacific and crash land on some mysterious island...

The worst possible ending for Lost?

"Ultimate 2: The Polynesian Adventure."

Will Robison said...

Actually Andy I've consulted with some very knowledgeable people and they assure me that if you dunk yourself in the waters of the SF Bay seven times, you will be cured.

Not sure if they meant cured like a ham or cured of an illness though. ;)