Monday, December 01, 2008

It's A Wrap!

In addition to basketball (four games in three days) over this long Thanksgiving weekend, I somehow managed to wrap filming on 12 Step Jedi. The last scene, our only outdoor scene, was filmed Saturday morning at a breakneck speed that belied the "film it or drop it" nature of the shot. But, in the end, by Saturday noon when the scene was dropped in as the final piece of the final edit, it was quite a hilarious scene. I think it was also fitting that the final shoot included just myself and Andrew - the two people who started the project almost a year before.

And then, over the course of the remaining forty eight hours of my weekend, I struggled to figure out a way to defeat the intricate stupidities involved with computer software so that I could get the film off of my computer and into a format that people could actually view. As of midnight last night, I finally had a DVD copy of the film.

But don't rush out to the stores just yet. A)We're not selling it in stores. And B)The final edited version is not final, nor edited. I was merely creating a copy so that Chris Evans (a talented actor, as well as other things) could compose a soundtrack for the film. While Chris is working diligently on the soundtrack over the next couple of weeks, I will be tweaking the color correction and editing all of the sound so that it doesn't sound like some of it was filmed underwater, behind a wall of gravel, with actors using the accents of warbling gargling geese ;)

Which is all to say that the film actually is still on schedule for a mid-December finish, but I can say that principal photography, at least, is done!

Yay!

No comments: