Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Inspiration costs more!

I've been smashing my head against the wall since Sunday trying to figure out what to do about my half completed film now that my actors are no longer able to help me finish it and the deadline is two weeks from today. Though I've head plenty of ideas, none of them really sat right with me, as the film was a complicated mix of religion, humor and bizarreness that worked together. Replacing one moment of bizarreness for another wouldn't necessarily work. The elements all had to fit together to work.

I was finally at that point today when I was ready to set my mind to a particular idea that would finish the film, but wouldn't make a great film. I was just going about figuring out the logistics of this new idea - what footage I would need, what new props, etc... when I suddenly had a very funny vision and my mind seized upon it.

Though I had an idea and it would have worked, it wasn't the genius solution I had been hoping for. This new idea is genius. By holding out as long as I did, I was able to arrive at the idea that I really needed.

Which just goes to show you, ideas are cheap. Inspiration costs more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats thinking twice if not more about something. There are very few times in one's life where true "thinking on one's feet" is absolutely necessary.

Cheers.

Unknown said...

Your welcome. See, if I hadn't driven you too insanity, you never would have become a genius. You can send me my royalty checks later, after I've been Irish Punk'd.