Thursday, August 09, 2007

Is there room for a Hallelujah in your IPOD?

So before the announcement, a little update news:

I've been having computer problems here at work and as a result, some of the elements of the announcement have not yet materialized (despite working until 1am each of the last two nights). So some elements may be delayed. I had actually thought about delaying the announcement until tomorrow, but even more recent events made me realize that tomorrow might be optimistic as well.

You see, its my birthday today. And while I was dealing with computer problems, my cell phone suddenly burst into life chirping out an electronic muzac version of the Hallelujah Chorus. Just the sheer insanity of this little electronic Hallelujah already had me laughing, but then I saw who the phone call was from - my co-youth group leader at church (hence the Hallelujah chorus), Katie. I answered the phone.

Every year at this time, when I actually get around to start thinking about my birthday (38 is sooo bland!), a little tiny thought pops into my head - what would I really want for my birthday? These are the sorts of questions that usually don't get much play in my world. I just don't think about them all that often. But once a year, I entertain the thought out of a mere formality. Well, this year I had a ready answer. For several years now, I've been dying to see the Broadway Musical Avenue Q - the one with the muppets. Well, its finally arriving in San Francisco this week for a short stay and I was thinking that it'd be cool to go. But tickets are really expensive and well, quite frankly, I'm not worth it. Its only my 38th birthday - nothing special about that. And so, I let the thought die inside my mind - never aired, never mentioned, never even reconsidered.

So, Hallelujah Chorus, friend from church, my birthday... yes, you guessed it. "Hey Will, my co-worker has two tickets to tonight's Avenue Q at the Orpheum. Can you go?" God has a wicked sense of humor and timing. For the record, Katie had no idea it was my birthday.

So, that, in addition to everything else, is what is causing this delay in things for the Announcement - which I will make shortly after lunch.

See you soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

TEASE!!!!

Andy said...

Brilliant!

God DEFINITELY has a nutty sense of humor.

Because He said, you ARE worth it, Will. Even if 38 is just another number.

Happy Birthday!

Oh yeah...to echo your sister...

TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Well, if Will is not going to tell us, I am going to guess:

He is getting married (to himself) for the benefits' package

He is moving to Calcutta to become a snake charmer

He has decided to go see a live taping of the Simpsons

He caught Barry's 757th homerun

He has an agent - so what if she's a CIA agent investigating him - its still an agent.

He has changed his bed linens, yet again. This time, Hello Kitty.

He is using steroids and is going to testify against himself at the grand jury.

He and Andy are doing the Amazing Race.

He is going to propose on Avenue Q - not to anyone in particular, but pretty much to anyone.

He has decided to become a minister.

He is opening Hogwarts School for Orphans.