Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beach Nut

I'm either a little early or a little late, but I always remember the birthday of a certain blog celebrity falls right around Veteran's Day, and so I'd like to wish him a happy birthday.

When I met my friend, he lived a little bit less than a mile from the beach (maybe 500 yards as the crow flies?). We were fellow youth at Lakeside Presbyterian Church. We grew up together in boys choir, then youth fellowship, then bell choir, and youth group. Basically just our entire formative years together. I can relate hundreds and thousands of adventures we shared, laughs we made, and a few tears we shed. I was a co-best man at his wedding and met his children when they were both very newly born. Through it all, through all the good times (2002 World Series) and bad times (1985 Giants season), we've remained best friends.

So I'd just like to wish my fellow beach person, Andrew Lie, a happy 30-somethingth Birthday (actual age shall not be disclosed for reasons of the fifth amendment!) and hope that he has many, many, many more adventures in his lifetime.

Just no more sailing in Lake Powell in a leaky boat... okay?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, my friend. Yes, it was on the 8th, and I celebrated my ___th birthday.

Take the square root of 1,892.25, divided by 2. Add 0.25, multiply by 3, subtract by the square root of 121, add 17, divide by the square root of 4, add 2.

Voila!

Will Robison said...

I thought it was on the 8th, but I didn't think of it until today. In my mind, its always around Veteran's Day. So when Veteran's Day arrives, I always remember - always late. You need to move your birthday back three days. ;)

I've done the math, but I keep coming up with -4i * log12.4. Is that even possible?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Andy and Happy Veteran's Day to you. Thanks for your service.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Probably possible, Will...not sure in which universe...

Randall, thanks!