Thursday, October 09, 2008

Volunteers needed

So what have I been up to lately?

Besides an Advanced Cinematography class and an Advanced Sound for Film class, both of which have had me shooting assignments pretty much every weekend for the last month, I've been busy doing things for the website and other projects. I'm hoping to finish filming 12 Step Jedi this weekend, for one. And I've been working on the new website for another (about 40% done so far). I should have a preview up for 12 Step Jedi and the first episode of Adventure Saturday up as well when the new website launches. I would have had it online by now, but all this extra work made me vulnerable to the flu and I've only just recovered.

But the biggest news, for me anyway, is that I've been actively working on my second novel. You see, only about ten days ago, I had an idea out of the clear blue (after the Mudpie idea, Andy) and I liked it so much that I just started writing out the outline of the entire novel. It took me only three days to figure out the entire story from beginning to end (although I have two endings in mind, depending on the outcome of the poll from the previous blog). Since then I've been using every spare moment I've had to write the first draft of the synopsis for this new novel.

So, here's the gist of the new story in a word or two - Amelia Earhart, time traveler.

Of course, nothing I write is that simple, but that was the hook that got me into the story.

Anyway, I thought that instead of handing out 250-300 page flawed novels to my friends and family and begging them to read it and tell me what was wrong with it, that I'd start this time by having people read and comment on a much more manageable 20 page synopsis. That way I can fix the story problems before I actually write the darn thing. So I need some volunteers who are willing to thumb through a very basic synopsis and tell me what they think and whether there are any obvious flaws in the story. Its kind of like getting to taste the cookie dough to determine if there's enough sugar before the cookies go into the oven.

So, any volunteers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...okay...as if I needed another thing to read...but I want to be one of those guys in the acknowledgments. So yeah, I'm in!