Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alternate Views on Tonight's Debate

WHAT WE'D LIKE TO HEAR:

"You know Senator McCain, that's a really good idea and when I'm President, I'll be calling on patriots like you and others with great ideas to figure out a way out of this crisis. Its time to end the partisan bickering that has paralyzed our nation and that still cripples us to this day. I'd like to pledge an end to the negative ads, the lies, and the distortions over the final three weeks of my campaign so that the American people can hear, for once and for all, the truth from both Senator McCain and myself. Will you join me, John?"

"Yes I will Senator Obama. I, too, have been ashamed by some of the nasty tactics employed by both parties in this election. They are Un-American and dangerous in these tough times. We would both be completely cynical indeed to continue these false attacks at a time when the American people need us to be entirely up front and straight forward with them. From here on out, my campaign pledges to be truthful, honest, and respectful of the high office that I seek."

WHAT WE'RE LIKELY TO HEAR (*sigh*):

"My opponent is, IN FACT, the mastermind behind the entire economic crisis and the one who has been pulling George Bush's strings for the last 8 years. Senator McCain actually collaborated with the Viet Cong during the war and has never once voted for a single bill in Congress that didn't help destroy this great nation."

"My Arab counterpart is so much of a terrorist that you can't believe a single word coming out of his lying, Al-Qaeda mouth! If Osama's elected, you'll all be blown to bits by terrorists and then taxed for the bomb making equipment!"

Is anybody else ready for the election to be over yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man...it KILLED us to have to watch parts of the debate, because Margaret had to watch it for a class assignment.

Let's vote and be done with it. We all know who's going to win. It's not even going to be close.