Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

The Amazing Race is taking applications again and unfortunately, due to certain contractual rules that I signed with CBS, I can't ask my previous askee, Beach, to join me - if I should decide to enter again.

So before I commit to such an endeavor, I need a partner.

Wanted: A telegenic partner eager to race around the world, endure my bad puns, and generally make me look good by doing all the tough challenges while I preen and strut my ego before the camera and then cry during the interviews about how brave a team mate you are and how our relationship is stregthening as a result. Oh, and if there's a challenge with a zipline, I get to do it.

So, any takers?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'd sign up as that's the only reality show, I'd ever consider joining. I think you and Andy should do it.

Cheers.

Unknown said...

You did not ask your sister???? You KNOW I'd go in a heartbeat! And of course you can do the zipline.. and the parachuting and the rapelling and the cliff diving... I'll do all the *hard* road blocks.

Andy said...

The problem, Randall, is that Will and I have already submitted an application tape.

I think you should sign up with Will, and I'll go get Donny or one of those guys...

Are ya listening, Donny?

Besides, what could be more amusing than getting a couple of guys together who have NEVER met and having them travel around the world together. The first time they meet would be on the first day of taping...

Anonymous said...

Or, Andy, do separate tapes, but send them in together. Sort of a "Blog Buddies" angle.

Or go with a hot chick. TV loves hot chicks.

Cheers.

Will Robison said...

Heather, I said telegenic.

Ran/dy - I actually really like the idea of blogger buddies as an Amazing Race category. I think that would be a really interesting group to watch. But, I've made my decision to take Cinematography next semester instead.

However, Team Ran-dy does have a certain ring to it. Randall would excel in all the hiking and lawyerly things and Andy would excel in all the lifting and accountingly things. You'd make a formidable duo.

And you'd have the support of the entire blogosphere!

Andy said...

Maybe not the whole blogosphere...but a tiny little slice of some of those who enjoy a little theology and snarkiness...

...you in, Sherman?