Friday, November 02, 2007

Answers

And so, here are the answers to my last post:

1) D) Darth Vader - young Anakin Skywalker eventually becomes Darth Vader, as seen in Episode 3.

2) C) Camino - The Cloner planet is named after a car. George Lucas is a big car guy. That's why you have the pod race in Episode 1.

3) B) The Death Star Plans - apparently it takes a long time to build a Death Star the first time.

4) C) To turn off the beacon - initially, Yoda and Obi-Wan return to Coruscant to turn off the Emergency Recall beacon set by Anakin to lure thousands of renegade Jedi to their deaths.

5) A) Nobody... unfortunately.

6) B) He dumped his cargo before being boarded (Even I get boarded once in a while!) Though knowing Han Solo, probably all of the above would also be a correct answer.

7) D) Porkins... "Porkins, pull up!" "I'm okay!" "Pull up!" "Aaaaarrrrgghhh!"

8) C) Hoth - Luke is just about to die of cold related stupidity when Obi-Wan finally figures out how to appear to young Luke from beyond the grave and tells him about Yoda.

9) B) Leia - At first, Luke tries to call Obi-wan for help, but his connection isn't good, so he instead instinctively turns to his unknown sister.

10) D) C3PO - Although, C3PO has no idea that he's pretending to be a god at the time, but when the son of the maker tells you to do something, you do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the "Porkins" question. I guess I'm a bigger geek than I realized. Interestingly, my two boys, ages 11 and 8 scored a perfect 100 percent, and neither of them were alive for the first three. And yes, I saw each of the first three on the first run: 1977, 1980, 1983ish, I think.

Cheers.

Will Robison said...

We used to yell out Porkins name every time he bit it! "GO PORKINS!" Boom! Of course, I've probably yelled his name well over 200 times by now, but then that's number one on my Geek Resume.