Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Doomed To Repeat It...

Apparently, I did not learn the lessons of World War I. I have tied myself into a horrible alliance from which I can not break free without straining my credibility and my honor. This horrible alliance will quickly spiral out of control and be the death of me.

I made a pact of non-agression with myself.

As the end of the school year approached and I could see the desolate future on the horizon, as a means to motivate myself towards a brighter future of harmony and wealth, I made a pact with myself to force my hand into finishing my novel. I had three chapters that constitute the bulk of new material in this rewrite. I gave myself plenty of time (three or four weeks) to finish this new material before the end of the school year deadline. To give this pact teeth, I combined the effort to finish the novel with my new effort to get back into shape. I agreed that if I did not finish the three chapters by the appointed deadline, I would go on a diet until the novel was finished.

I only finished one of the three chapters. And so, as of Tuesday of last week, I have been dieting. I figure that like much of Europe, I shall be sending most of myself to death before this war with the Novel is over.

May God have mercy on my fat cells!

No comments: