Monday, December 18, 2006

My God is thick and scaly.

Sometimes, we are all blind people walking around a large elephant trying to describe it with our limited sensations. But, I think, most of the time we are just blind people bumping again and again into something that we can't see, feel, or even understand - but it keeps getting in our way, forcing us to change course, always challenging us to know it and to describe it. This is God.

I am getting close to another breakthrough. I can feel it. The ideas are starting to pour out thick and scaly in my brain. Another glimpse, another sighting - I keep running into this invisible thing and I've only just now connected that all these ideas are pointing to the same source. They seem so disconnected, so disjointed, but when I dig deeper, I realize that they are describing the same thing.

But I'm not there yet. I need to bump into this thing a few more times before a picture gels in my brain and I am able to paint it for you with words. So, until then, have a great day.

And look out for invisible things.

No comments: