Friday, October 28, 2005

Enlarge Your Soul Now!

Its easy! Swedish religious scholars have discovered a way to enlarge your soul. By reading one little book three times a day and practicing the instructions given there in, respondents can expand their soul up to ten times its normal size. You could swell your soul to gigantic proportions and be the envy of every person in your office. There's no gimic here! And best of all, you can do this in the privacy of your own home! Its 100% completely legal! (Product may be banned in less enlightened countries!) So apply now and get your Swedish Soul Enlarger for just three easy payments of $19.95. Call now! Operators are standing by.

Its not quite a burning Bush, but if you were to receive this message on your computer, you'd probably throw it away as Spam. And Spam is what it is. But I read somewhere that the reason Spam exists is that because for every 999 people who reject its message, one reads it and says, Cool! I've got to get me some of that. The cost of the Spam is less than what one customer in 1000 pays out, therefore, the Spam is cost effective, therefore Spam continues to exist.

This Spam is from God. The Soul Enlarger, naturally, is a Bible. But that aside, how much of God's message do we classify as Spam? How many times does he send us messages that we ignore as being too good to be true or likely to cost us something or too time consuming. Sometimes I have to look at some of the stuff God sends to me and I just shake my head... there's no way I'm opening up that message. I don't even want to think about it. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. No matter how much it costs. I reject the Spam before I even read its content.

We all have so many natual filters in our brains - culture, religion, language - that we sometimes never ever receive the message sent.

My friends, clear out your filters for a change, embrace the message, and see what wonderful things are in store for you... unless they come from Sweden... ;)

Have a wonderful weekend...

1 comment:

Andy said...

This will be linked from my site. You did my work for me. Thanks, bro.