Monday, September 18, 2006

And then I rested...

On the 11th Day, I returned from WDW completely refreshed and ready to go. But a lot can happen in 10 days when there is no work to occupy your mind. So in the following paragraph I've listed all the great Biblical revelations I made during my vacation, as well as all the great and wonderful ideas I had that will completely change the world, and I've even thrown in a few errant brilliant ideas that I had during the trip. So, here goes...

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

For ten days, I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, and then spent the day dealing with heat and humidity (praising God every minute that I live in a temperate climate) as I wandered around WDW with my niece and nephew and other assorted kids (my sister and her husband chief amongst them ;) acting the part of tourist to utter completion. I swam, took naps, sat around, drank a lot, and ate. In terms of rest, it was completely indulgent and utterly decadent.

I know I should feel guilty, but I just can't bring my mind around to that feeling just yet. I'm sure it'll come later.

Anyway, I'm back. And everything is back on track. Tomorrow, I begin discussing C.S. Lewis.

See ya then!

P.S. Congrats to The Beach for his one year milestone. I started my blog not a week or so later, so I should be hitting my one year mark here as well fairly soon. Anyone got any idea how to figure out when you started your blog?

1 comment:

Andy said...

Whenever your first post occurred - at least by my calcs.

Welcome back. Looking forward to your Lewis postings.