Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Psalm For Understanding

Lord, you delight me
with your call.
But I am confused.

I know what you want
But I don't know why.
You send me forth
and I am bewildered.

I go forth
into the wilderness
but I wander aimlessly.

Give me clarity, Lord.

You caught me off guard.
I was foolish in my delay.
I wasted time asking
for confirmation.

Who else could it be?
You set the stars in the sky,
you know their course
before their first illumination.

Your confirmation was perfection.
Anything less, and I
would have had reason to doubt.

Knowing that it is your call
does not tell me
why have you chosen me?

I am unworthy.
I am unprepared.
I am not the one that I would choose.

Give me clarity, Lord.

You have your reasons.
That is good enough for me.
Lead me to your flock.
Tell me what to do.

Give me the ability
to be your presence.
Your love to be my love.
Fill me with your spirit.

Send me forth, Lord.

No comments: