Monday, June 29, 2009

$5.75 Closer to Africa!

I Made A Whopping $5.75 at my garage sale this weekend. It took me two hours to sort through my stuff, haul it downstairs, and arrange it in the driveway. I sat there from 8:45am all the way to approximately 3pm (so, roughly 6 hours). And then it took me another hour, or so, to clean up. So... that's approximately $.67 an hour!

Wow!

I am completely underwhelmed!

Clearly I either need to get better junk, or I need to rethink my finance strategy. Then again, I thought for sure that there were several interested buyers who looked at my stuff and started calculating the financing and how to afford such rare artifacts, but then this glassy film spread over their eyes as God hardened their hearts and they turned and walked away. If God makes getting me to Africa too easy, it will not serve to glorify His name! ;)

(I'm hoping sarcasm isn't a mortal sin... Nope... no lightning bolts!)

No, but seriously, Saturday was fine for what it was. It was absolutely gorgeous outside and my house was in the shade for the first five hours. I could sit out front on my garden chair and hang out with my family and talk to my neighbors and friends like Andy who stopped by. It was almost too nice to have a garage sale. And after the garage sale I had a very lightly attended Burrito Night which was about as successful as the garage sale, in both ways - disappointing by results, but absolutely wonderful for what it was. The food was awesome and the company was great. Sometimes we have to look beyond what we hoped for and just enjoy what is.

I figure $5.75 pays for the gas to the airport. I can't check bags yet, and I can't get past the security checkpoint. But I can at least watch everyone else fly off to Africa. Only $3594.25 left to go! Whoohoo!

No comments: