Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Sermon Part Three

Everything is going perfectly. I spent the entire day not thinking about the sermon at all. My brain, which has been a bit of mush the last couple of days, is resting.

The resting of your brain is an important step in the writing process. This is the part of the process that in cooking would be the equivalent to sitting on the couch watching TV while the water boils. It's a chance to kick your feet up and think happy thoughts about the work yet to come. Usually, in the writing process, I use this period to think about other projects while I let my ideas simmer. Eventually, I'll ease my brain back on to the subject and it'll usually smell delicious and almost ready to eat. Then I know I'm ready to write.

But more importantly, its just a chance to let your brain lie fallow for a few days. You can visit people, see movies, share a laugh or two, and not constantly be thinking of some project in the back of your mind.

So, no sermon news today. Just me and the latest DVD of MI-5 from Netflix to occupy my cavernous and breezy mind. Good times... good times!

No comments: