Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Line on the Horizon is Red Ink

Here is my fiscally sound economic strategy.

1) If I don't buy the latest U2 Album, I will save money.

2) However, since I know that if I go online to Itunes, I will probably buy the latest U2 Album, I will not go on Itunes and be tempted... thus I will save money.

3) If however, I hear the latest U2 Album on the radio, I will likely be tempted to visit Itunes and buy the latest U2 Album, therefore, I will stop listening to the radio and will not go on Itunes and not be tempted... and I will save money.

4) On the other hand, if I hear someone humming the latest U2 Album, I will wonder what they are humming, turn on my radio, hear the latest U2 Album, go to Itunes and buy the latest U2 Album, therefore, I will put my fingers in my ears so that I can't hear anyone humming the latest U2 album, and will not turn on the radio, go to Itunes, and buy the latest U2 album... and money will be saved.

5) I am not aware of it, but there is a slight chance that I might be able to read the lips of someone singing a U2 song, and not recognizing the words, unplug my fingers from my ears to hear the tune, leading me to the radio to hear the song, then going to Itunes and downloading the latest U2 album, therefore I will pluck out my eyes and... AAAAAIIIIIGGGGHHHHHH!!! That hurts! Okay... I will wear extremely dark sunglasses, put my fingers in my ears, not turn on the radio, not go onto Itunes, and not download the latest U2 album... thus saving myself a fortune and dooming the entire world economy.

Dang you, U2, for causing this economic crisis!

5 comments:

Andy said...

Buy the Amazon MP3 download. I bought it when it was only a $5.00 download the day the album came out.

Anonymous said...

Education, infrastructure and health care reform are the keys to your problem.

Cheers.

Will Robison said...

I'm thinking this all has something to do with Global "Cool"-ing and I'm trying to convince Congress to spend some of that stimulus money so that I can perform a detailed study of the problem over the next year and a half at some 70 something stadium-sized locations around the world. But alas, the days of Free Money For Anyone Related To Big Business are over. *sigh* I had my chance, but I wasn't fast enough.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just borrow it from your sister. You KNOW she's broker than you, but less able to fight the U2 temptation. Now, how about hanging outside the Oakland COlliseum with her and LISTENING to the concert since she can't afford to go...

Will Robison said...

Anonymous... begone economic Satan! You shall not beguile me with your money spending charms! ;)