Friday, March 02, 2007

The First Step Out On The Limb...

A while back I declared that I was ready to move on and gave a target date of April in 2008. Since then I've... done pretty much nothing. My mind has kept the target date and the concept of moving on alive in my mind - seeking opportunities and new prospects. But if someone were to ask me what I planned to do come April of next year, I would have probably just shrugged my shoulders.

Well, all that intentional planning has paid off. Through no fault of my own, I'm probably going to be interviewing for an internship with a production company next week. Probably. Maybe. The thing is that I still sort of have a job and that kind of thing can get in the way of working for free as someone else's virtual slave. However, the internship does come highly recommended from the potential slave master, so I might have to reconsider.

If I'm being vague, well, I just have to be. Of course, the surest fire way of getting new readers here at ICON would be to blab to the whole world about how cool my new internship is going to be and then let every potential future employer in the world come and look at my blog. It might not do my possible future career any good, but it'll drive up readership!

Anyway, vagueness aside, I have finally taken a possible potential first step away from the safety of the tree trunk out on to the limb of life and with any luck, I might be able to finally step all the way away by April of next year. Or not. It all depends on what happens next.

You know, sometimes for fun, I take my hands off the wheels just to see what will happen ;)

(Of course, the car then bounces on the center rail a couple of times and the ride people give me a mad look and I stop pretending I'm five years old and driving on the Autopia for the first time and start driving normal again. E-Ticket, my patootie!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was seven, we lived in Anaheim for a year while my dad worked on a special project for McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft. We went to Knot's Berry Farm and I convinced my mom to let me drive one of those cars the the center rail.

Only time she ever got carsick to my knowledge.

Cheers.

Sue said...

Hi Will,

Yes you are a little vague but I wish you the best. Intrigue...Interesting.

I hope that you continue your blog because I enjoy it and might like to ask some pointers. I am considering starting one for my Employees Union since as of the last election in February, I am now the Membership VP and responsible for the "news letter". I think a blog would be much more in synch with the times.

I am also considering making a little odd video for my old boss who is retiring. I really thought your two conversing Scottsmen at your other website were truly hilarious. Could you tell me what software you used to do that?

Is it safe to post my e-mail address here for you te get back with me? I don't want to get a lot more SPAM than I already get.

Your fan and Buddie,

Will Robison said...

Forsooth, suzanne, a magician never reveals his secrets.
Let's just say that it is a program that you can buy.
And it can be found in most stores.
Seriously, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Happy to help whenever I can.
Maybe I'll even give you a hint.
Xtremely unlikely that you'll need one though. You're pretty smart.
(from Macromedia - available online or at stores, I'd suggest E-Bay)

Sue said...

Very witty.
Someone told me about FLASH. I will check into it. Thanks!