Friday, August 15, 2008

What's Next?

When I get really bat-scat crazy busy, my mind tends to wander and I start thinking about my next job. No, seriously - I'm defective that way. So during this entire filming schedule over the last two or three months, my mind has been free to figure out what it wants to do next.

Since I announced the temporary (though somewhat permanent) demise of my first novel, I've been gravitating towards two second novels. Now, I'm not going to announce what they're about or anything, but I wanted to let you know that I'll be writing both of them concurrently (or at least until one takes off over the other). I've actually started the note taking process today that will eventually lead to a synopsis (I'm creating characters, basically). I hope to start writing before the end of the year on both.

I've also already been in discussions with Andrew about writing the next film. We're going to try for a shorter turnaround on this next project so that we can film relatively early in June (or right around the time school gets out). But to do that, we need to have a script finished and ready to go around March or April at the latest. The good news is that we already have the gist of the story (Andrew's idea) and some of the characters decided. The bad news is that we haven't really started the writing process just yet and I know we're going to want to improve the script vastly over the script for 12 Step Jedi - so harder work in a shorter amount of time. If it all works out though, this movie might be really really cool.

So, basically, other than noodling around with other projects in my spare time, I'm going back to writing for the foreseeable future.

Unless, of course, God has other plans. But when has He ever had plans for me ;)

No comments: