Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Did I get my money's worth?

I was just watching the amazing footage from Kenya that I received from the Kenya Mission Group's latest journey. They returned to Kenya in February and resumed their relationships with our partners in Meru. Going along for the ride vicariously, I sent along my video camera to capture more footage so that we might continue telling our story through film. But after watching the footage, I couldn't help but start to think about the amazing investment this camera has been. Below is just a partial list of all the places and events where this camera has taken video...

Chicago (twice), Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Cooperstown, Rochester, Cleveland, the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics (2002 Games), Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Washington D.C., New York, Boston, Goffstown, Salem, Orlando (twice), Boise and Challis, ID (three times), Las Vegas, Anaheim, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Vancouver, Victoria, Marysville, Brookville, Nairobi and Meru (twice)... and countless hikes (Yosemite, Big Basin, Castle Rock, Dipsea, Boot Jack, Mt. Diablo, Pinnacles) and other events (Sister's graduation from law school, etc...)

I guess it's safe to say that I did get my money's worth... and for a Scot, that's all I can ask.

No comments: