Friday, September 24, 2010

The Heart of Admonishment

Thumpthumpthumpthumpthump...

I was lying on my bed. It was hot. Was that the beating of the fan blades? Or a Huey come to take me back to 'Nam? Did it matter? I was still beached. And bored.

They came with an indecent proposal. Seems one of their own - a Colonel Lie - was missing somewhere in the jungle at a place approximately one mile from the beach. He hadn't been seen in months and nobody had heard from him either. They asked me to take a boat up there, to fight my way to him, and to bring him back.

Or, if I couldn't bring him back, I was to do something drastic... replace his lawn, perhaps. Co-coach T-Ball with him. I could only imagine the horror.

I guess some people really miss his homilies. Me? I'd rather sit here on this bed listening to the drone of my fan. Cause it's hot. And that's how I roll...

1 comment:

Andy said...

Still LOST.

A mile from a beach.

Could barely get this message out.

But something is really percolating.

Prepping for something to come at 11 am on Sunday Oct 24.