Wednesday, September 09, 2009

One Seriously Crazy Nightmare

Last night, I had a nightmare... all the more memorable because I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare... and especially, I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare where Pizza wasn't involved. So any of you Freudian types out there want to interpret, I'm all ears...

I was hurrying to my previous dream destination (can't remember where I was or why I was in a hurry) when all of a sudden a giant wave of water swept in like a flash flood. I was swept away with the current, but instantly realized that I had somehow been separated from my Bible. I turned around and there it was, just floating there behind me.

Then things get weird and dark. I tried to reach for my Bible, but I could sense something there - something very dark and very sinister - preventing me from reaching it. And I knew that I just had to get my Bible. So I started yelling at myself to wake up and grab my Bible. I yelled and yelled and yelled, desperately, as if my life depended on it.

About half a minute later, my eyes fluttered open. But I was still in the throes of this nightmare. As I turned my head to look around the room and confirm that I was, in fact, awake, all I could see in every part of my room was cartoon and animated demons (like something out of a haunted house almost). I shook my head until the cobwebs cleared and finally reached over and grabbed my Bible off the nightstand and hugged it to my chest.

Eventually, I calmed down and felt the normal quiet return to my mind, heart, and room. I gently replaced the Bible on my nightstand and then fell into a normal sleep.

It was by far the weirdest feeling I'd ever had - half nightmare, half real. I now remember praying once I had the Bible in my hand (can't tell you what I prayed about or if it was even coherent). Totally bizarre.

Heck! If I'm going to dream stuff like this without the benefit of pepperoni after 10pm, then I might as well start scarfing late night pizza again!

No comments: