Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Filing up my time

No Movie. No classes. No youth group. No vacations. No houses to build. And soon, no basketball. What's a man to do?

Come on, after 608 posts, you know me better than that. If there's one thing I'm good at, its filling up my time with new projects.

So, I'm now working with a group that's trying to get a mission project off the ground in Kenya. I'm also making a return to church politics (as a member of the Nominating Committee). And I'm taking a short course through the church on the sermons of Dr. Martin Luther King.

I'm also donating my SUV to Habitat for Humanity (you'd think it'd be easy, but its not), trying to find out what happened to the fishing pole I sent in for repair, running a Girl Scout Cookie service on the side, and catching up on a lot of reading and TV. Thank God I finished all of my previous projects before both LOST and Battlestar Galactica came back on the air.

But mostly I've been writing again (and not a moment too soon). I'm trying to get a whole bunch of projects going all at once so that as interest wanes in one project I'll have another project to work on. I'm writing one novel and six scripts. The novel is science fiction. The scripts are science fiction, detective story, romantic comedy, historical fiction, super hero story, and an adaption of a true life story. My mind sometimes reels as I go from one project to the next, but that's okay because it keeps my mind off the streets and from joining a gang. Honestly, sometimes, where it will gooooooo...

So, that's it. Back to my busy life that is still somehow a vacation from the previous year's projects... ;)

No comments: